Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday, May 1 at 6:30 PM

Another busy day here--the weather was warm with sunshine most of the day which was great since we were touring Bucharest.  We met up with a team of HS developmentally disabled boys (and 2 teachers from their school and 2 H2H staff from Rosario--about 1 1/2 hours from here) and toured the Museum of Natural History (fast speed!).  Great animals with lots of info. written in Romanian....  We met the "lone male" of the missionaries, Mark, and it was fun to visit with him as well.  We are well known as "the Ladies", even Dennis, so all are happy to meet us.
We also toured a living history museum (I think that is what it was) that had houses and churches from all over Romania--many over 200 years old.  They had been taken apart and reassembled here.  We also went on a boat ride around a big lake.  Today is May 1, which is a holiday here and everywhere was packed.
We keep forgetting to tell you about the crazy drivers here--that are on the road, along with carts being pulled by horses.  Lots of honking....I am getting grayer but am thankful that I am not driving!  The roads are in very rough shape with lots of potholes.  It is an experience that I cannot bring to life in writing--you will have to come visit!
We both slept very well last night--exhausted from the kids, but having a wonderful time.  Not sure what tomorrow will bring.  All for now--

No comments: